Suppose- You are designing a system for a hospital. This system stores the medical history of the hospital’s patients. Medical secretaries are required to access the full medical history, name, address and date of birth for any patient. A patient is uniquely identified by a National Insurance (NI) number but there may be occasions where this NI number is not known.Sketch and describing the screen layout you would design for a User Interface that would enable a medical secretary to search the database for the medical records of a patient.
The design should be simple and straightforward to use and cover the following:
- A textbox (or similar) is present to input the National Insurance number.
- A textbox (or similar) is present to input the patient’s last name as an alternative.
- All labels, textboxes, drop-down lists, etc should be suitably placed and aligned.
- A “Select” (or similar) button and “Clear Entry” (or similar) button are present.
- When patient is selected demographic details are displayed for verification that patient is correct (e.g. family members with the same name may appear).
- When patient is selected a summary of medical history is displayed.
- The user can select an item from the medical history and then full details of that item are displayed.
- Simple text instructions are displayed.
- A help facility is available