Describing in detail what each of the FOUR (4) symbols used in a DFD represents.
- An external entity is a source or recipient of data outside of the system boundary.
- A process indicates that some activity is taking place on the data.
- All decisions occur within the process.
- A data store is a repository of data that may be accessed or changed.
- Data stores can be physical or electronic files, people, the Internet, etc.
- Data flows show how data flows between the other entities and has an arrow to show direction.