i) Including a serial number on all forms.
- The cost of including a serial number on all forms is very low
- It adds problems in storage and usage as it is expected that, where possible, lower serial numbers should be used first
- It provides security for items such as invoices, cheques, etc
ii) Printing forms on standard in-house hardware such as laser printers or using an external printer to supply bulk copies.
- It is economic to print relatively small numbers of simple forms in house
- Large numbers of more complex, multi-sheet forms are better produced externally on specialist facilities
iii) Adding solid lines to forms.
- Horizontal lines can be used to separate sections of the form, vertical lines to separate columns
- No more than two different thicknesses of line should be used
iv) The typefaces to use.
- The number of typefaces should be kept to a minimum
- A mixture of capitals and lowercase is easiest to read
- Using all capitals should be reserved for headings for grouped items