Has over a traditional report.
- It is graphic, consisting mainly of diagrams.
- It is partitioned into a network of DFDs and mini-specs.
- It is top-down partitioned allowing smooth progression from the abstract to the finest detail.
- It is easily maintained as redundancy of information is minimized making it easy to find and amend relevant information.
- It is iterative allowing small sections to be passed between analyst and user for checking and modification.
- It is easily understandable as diagrams are more accessible for non-technical users.
- It is a logical model that ignores the physical implementation of the system until a later date.
- It is precise and concise and therefore easier to read